Plan before you go
The secure member website includes tools and resources to help you plan before you leave for your expatriate assignment. Here are some quick tips and information you need to get ready for your international assignment:
With a global benefits plan, you have access to registered nurses who are available 24/7 as the primary point of contact supporting your healthcare needs, including:
- Pre-trip planning
- Assistance locating providers
- Assistance obtaining medications or medical equipment
- Coordination of medical evacuation services
- Discharge planning
- Assistance with benefit coordination
- Assistance with medical needs for return to home country after assignment completion
- Take a language course. Speaking the language of your destination country is highly recommended.
- Be sure you have a valid passport or national identity card.
- Check whether you’ll need to exchange your driving license.
- Make copies of all the important documents: passport, diplomas, insurance papers, etc.
- Inform all the necessary authorities about your move: gas, telephone, electricity, bank, etc.
- Confirm that all the important authorities, as well as your friends and family, have your new contact details.
- Arrange to have your mail forwarded.
For more information on pre-trip planning, login to the secure member website and visit the Wellness center under the Resources tab.