A range of proven solutions
Aetna helps providers exchange and analyse the right clinical information to know what’s going on not just with an individual patient, but with an entire population.
Advanced connectivity is key
We help providers deliver high quality care by providing them with access to the most complete, comprehensive, timely and actionable information. We accomplish this partly with our advanced, proprietary Health Information Exchange (HIE) technologies, which enable providers to share clinical data with one another securely and coordinate care across an entire organisation or community.
Medicity, which is part of Aetna, provides the capability to move clinical information electronically among disparate health care information systems while maintaining the security of the information exchanged.Medicity facilitates access to clinical data and enables safe, timely, efficient, effective and equitable patient-centered care – all while ensuring continuity and preventing gaps in care.
Our solutions provide:
- Secure data exchange across providers and systems
- Fulfillment of functionality gaps within existing technology
- Seamless integration with existing electronic medical-record and patient-management systems
- Enhanced provider workflows
The many benefits of care coordination
The coordination of patient care across providers is essential for preventing unscheduled health care utilisation, eliminating gaps in care and controlling costs. Aetna can help patients get the coordinated care they need to maximise health and wellness.
We have the expertise, tools, technologies and commitment to address all needs, be it targeting and helping at-risk individuals or implementing initiatives that help entire populations live a healthier life.
Our integrated suite of services to support care coordination
Our services include:
- Customised roadmaps for wellness
- Health and coaching outreach
- Preventive care and medication adherence
- Evidence-based health management
- Identification of high-risk patients
- Decision-making support for patients and providers
- Managed health care utilisation
- Alerts for gaps in care
- Improved coordination across the continuum of care
- Management for complex and high-cost cases, including chronic conditions
- Active maternity management
- Patient engagement