A wealth of support for your global health insurance plan
Being a valued Aetna International member means more than just having peace of mind for your health care needs. You can count on us to provide exceptional support ― no matter where you are or which plan you have.
Get the most out of your plan by familiarizing yourself with the services and tools we offer, including:
- 24-hour Member Service Center support with benefits and claims questions and locating doctors and hospitals
- Clinician and case management services help coordinate every aspect of your medical care, including the transportation in urgent care situations.
- Quick start video guides, that show you how to make the most of our valuable products and services.
- Handy mobile applications and social media pages that let you stay connected with the latest resources, news and updated benefits
We are always here when you need us ― so take advantage of our expertise.
For the most personalized service and information, be sure to log in to your secure member website.
24-hour Member Service Center
Available 24 hours a day year-round via toll-free phone, fax or email, our professional member service representatives are trained to assist you with most of your needs ― often in a single call ― by:
- Answering questions about claims, benefit levels and coverage in more than 30 different languages (with access to specialists in other languages when necessary)
- Locating health care services around the world for you
- Processing claims and arranging for reimbursement in more than 135 currencies by check, wire or electronic funds transfer
- Connecting you with our International Health Advisory Team for specific clinical concerns
For immediate support, contact us at the phone number listed on the back of your member ID card or go to our International Contact Information page to contact the office serving your location.
And remember, you may be able to handle some issues independently by logging in to your secure member website ― so try it out today to see everything that you can do!
Clinical and case management services
When you need one-on-one support with medical issues, our team of clinicians and case managers are ready to help. Whether you call directly using the phone number on the back of your member ID card or are referred by our Member Service Center, you'll be connected to our specialized, knowledgeable team for help before, during or after your trip. Their vast clinical knowledge transcends geographic borders as they put their extensive experience navigating different global health systems to work for you.
Our clinical and case management team offers:
- Pre-trip planning ― which is especially important if you have a chronic health condition or are pregnant
- Help locating doctors, specialists and hospitals
- Coordination of routine and urgent medical care and evaluations
- Assistance with obtaining prescription medications and medical devices
- Support for requesting second opinions in complex cases
- Continuity as a single point of contact for medical emergency or evacuation services
More than anything else, we can provide reassurance that you and your loved ones will be taken care of through a dedicated support system of health partners. See how one Aetna International family faced challenging circumstances and enjoyed a happy ending!
Medical emergency/evacuation services
No one likes to think about medical emergencies, but they DO happen. With Aetna International by your side, you don't have to worry. If you must be transported because the proper medical attention you need isn't available where you are, you'll have our support every step of the way.
We have established partnerships with some of the world's most trusted medical evacuation, air ambulance, emergency travel assistance and security service providers. In collaboration with these partners, we coordinate medically necessary evacuations and arrange for transportation to facilities best equipped to handle specific emergency situations.
These services require pre-approval, so it's important to contact us early to make sure your coverage is approved.