Invoice requirements and submission guidelines
Invoices must be submitted to Aetna International no later than 60 days from the date of service. Aetna International shall have the discretion not to accept liability for payment of invoices received after the expiration of 60 days from the date of discharge of the insured person from the hospital or facility.
- Member name and ID number (from the member's Aetna International identification card)
- Name of the member's employer
- Patient name
- Complete name and address of the provider
- Date of service for each procedure
- Complete description for each procedure
- Amount charged for each procedure including the currency
- Amount that you have collected from the patient including the currency
- Diagnosis, nature of illness
- Medical records may be requested depending on services or condition
Please send a copy of the authorization letter that you received from Aetna International along with your completed invoice to:
- Email: InternationalProviderClaims@aetna.com
- Online: Please login to the Aetna International secure provider website to upload invoices for payment processing. Not registred? Learn more about the secure provider website.
Please note: The Aetna International Service Center will process the invoice and initiate the funds transfer or check within 30 days of receipt of complete information. The currency conversion rate used to calculate the amount of the payment will be based upon the date of service.
Login to the Aetna International secured provider portal to retrieve your explanation of benefits (EOB) and to check claim status 45 days after claim submission.
Secured provider website services include:
- Explanation of Benefits (EOB) search and print
- Claim review and status for all Aetna International members and plans
- Claim upload for payment processing
- Verification of member eligibility
Important information on patient services
Not every medical service or supply is covered by the plan, even if prescribed, recommended or approved by a physician or dentist. Coverage is available for only those services and supplies that are medically necessary. If you have any questions about a procedure, medication or device, please contact us.